The property is a large 4-storey, unlisted terraced house on quiet tree-lined street off Fulham Road. It is a short walk from Brompton Cemetery and the river Thames. It is in a Conservation area, but not a flood risk area and it is not a listed building. It forms part of a row of similar terraced properties and its main access is at raised ground floor level.
The north-south street consists of four and five-storey terraces built alongside Fulham Road and Cathcart Road. These streets were built as part of a phase of house building in The Boltons & Redcliffe Square area in 1850-1876 by Corbett & McClymont.